Monthly Archives: October 2021
Happy Halloween everybody! Jessica and I will be recording A Hat in Time Spooky Mods! Be sure to come check out it tonight!
Follow us at this link: https://youtu.be/HGeUczlIZAY
Prove Yourself Saturday was a huge event this week. Some teams took huge steps (Georgia, Oklahoma, MSU Baylor and OSU) while others just faded to the wayside (Michigan, Iowa, SMU and Ole Miss to name a few). Let’s see how this all shaped our top 10.
1. Georgia- Many thought renewing Georgia’s bitter Rivalry with Florida could be a trap game, but Georgia quickly jumped out to a 10-0 lead. The score gradually became 24-0 before Florida was finally able to score. Georgia continues to solidify their number 1 ranking.
2. Cincinnati- I’ve heard people make the argument they aren’t the number 2 team. Ohio State, Michigan State, and Oklahoma all had great showings but it is hard to take this spot away from Cincinnati. They beat Notre Dame and have double digit victories over the teams they’ve played in conference. They haven’t let that bulleye on their heads get to them yet.
3. Michigan State. For the longest time, MSU was lacking that signature win. That fact was lowering their ceiling each week. And being down 30-14 to that hated rivals Michigan was a bad look. Some how, off the back of 5 rushing TDs, they erased a 3 score hole to win by 4. They now have a complete resume. Penn State and Ohio State still loom large in the background though.
4. Oklahoma. I know people will want Ohio State and Alabama over OU. And it is true, OU does lack a signature win now that Texas has gone and shown the whole world they are back, again. But they are clicking, finally playing great for 4 quarters. The fact they are undefeated counts for something still. Heading into their bye week, if they keep things rolling, they will be a lock for the playoffs. However, due to how they win games, one loss could be fatal this late in the season.
5. Ohio State. Ohio State is just more impressive to me than Alabama. This is a results based poll. Their wins aren’t the greatest, especially if they knock PSU out of the rankings. However their loss is way better than Oregon or Alabama’s loss. They are killing the bad teams they face too. OSU has just proved more to me right now.
6. Alabama. I do give Alabama the edge over Oregon at this point. Alabama’s loss is better than Oregon, even though Oregon beat OSU. The win over Florida keeps becoming less and less impressive. The win over Miami keeps getting better and better, surprisingly. The Ole Miss win has lost some luster, but they get to play Auburn and maybe Georgia at the end of all this.
7. Oregon. Oregon has gone through a mid-season lump after a great start to the season. Their win over Fresno State and Ohio State both got bumps yesterday and potentially going 12-1 keeps them in the hunt.
8. Michigan. Hard to drop Michigan too far considering they lost on the road by 4 to a now top 5 team. Not sure why they couldn’t close the game out or how they let Michigan State get back in by running on them. It’s very confusing and all a cause for concern. But they can still win out and win their division. So they still have a lot to play for.
9. Notre Dame. Notre Dame has hung around and bounced back nicely from their early loss to Cincinnati. They are winning which is good for them , but the one loss could Haunt them without a championship game to boost the resume.
10. Wake Forest.. The poll has tried to keep Wake Forest down for too long. They deserve to be in the top 10 with all the imposters dropping like flies ahead of them. The ACC is surprisingly competitive which actually hurts Wake Forest because football logic. They don’t play elite teams but they play a balanced conference. Still at 13-0 could the committee really leave them out?
Baylor and Oklahoma State round out my top 12. Honestly, as far as the playoffs go, I think these are the only 12 teams that matter. So that’s my top 10. What do you guys think? Where would you rank teams?
Georgia continues to dominate. Iowa got exposed failing to catch up to Purdue. Oklahoma looks reinvigorated. Half the Big 10 took byes this week. Let’s break down this week’s top 10.
Georgia- Georgia still clinches the number 1 spot by a country mile at this point. They continue to be the most complete team in the country. They added another top 15 win to their resume besting Kentucky.
Cincinnati- Hard to argue with Cincinnati at this point. They just keep winning. They went out and beat IU and ND out of conference. Now they have to keep stomping their in conference foes.
Oklahoma- Under true freshman QB Caleb Williams, OU is finally playing like a top 10 team. 9-0 is easy to imagine before they get into the heart of Big-12 play. Baylor, ISU and Oklahoma State stand ready to challenge OU for the top spot in the Big 12.
Alabama- Alabama was hoping to prove last week was a flute. They did just that, destroying MSU. Alabama still has some tricky SEC West games to go. They hope to be 11-1 facing Georgia for a playoff spot.
Penn State- PSU was on bye this week. If Clifford returns, I still have them as a top 5 team.
Ohio State- Ohio State was on bye as well. Not much to say here but I believe they are a more complete team than Iowa.
Michigan- 3 straight entries for the Big 10. 3 straight bye weeks. The bye weeks have made this hard to guage honestly.
Oklahoma State- The biggest mover for me is Oklahoma State. I wasn’t a believer early, but they have compiled quality wins over Baylor and Texas now as well as remaining undefeated.
Michigan State- I can’t wait for Michigan State and Michigan to settle this ranking mystery. As my pick in that game changes weekly. Still, they are unbeaten and surviving when they need too.
Iowa- Iowa is one dimensional. And by that I mean strictly defensively minded. I have my reservations about them as a whole after they couldn’t muster much in the way of offense after falling behind to Purdue. Iowa still has their whole season ahead of them, but they need to figure things out soon. I think a realistic landing spot for Iowa is somewhere between 6-8. The competition is Fierce in those spots and the loss is one of the worst of any top 15 team. Combine that will a fluky win over PSU and that’s why I’m parking them here.
Oregon falls out of my top 10 because they simply have been unimpressive if you remove the OSU game. Still the Big 10 will consume themselves while Oregon should be able to run the Pac-12. Meaning, if they keep winning, they will be a top 10 team soon enough.
So there’s my new top ten. Thanks for reading and have a great day!
I was going to start tracking my investing journey today on the blog or show off some comics I got today. However, when I got home I played Pokemon Emerald. Now I need to walk my dogs and get ready for bed so all those thoughts will have to wait until later. Got big things going on tomorrow though!
Most of the time this blog is for entertainment as we review Mangas or talk video game news. However, the blog also serves as a journal sometimes as I track my highlights and lowlights. Last night was definitely a lowlight.
We rushed home to catch the Chiefs Bill’s NFL game. At halftime Jessica asked me where Elizabeth was. We couldn’t find her anywhere. So we went to her usual spot in the guest bedroom. Boy, we couldn’t have guessed what was waiting for us. We found Elizabeth, but it’s the where that’s mind-blowing. She was under our house.
The floor in the guest bedroom is caving in. She fell in somehow and got stuck. This house truly sucks and I don’t even think Jessica and I have really gone into detail about it. Well, either way I spent almost 6 hours trying to get her out and finally rescued her and was in bed by about 5:30am. It was miserable.
Yesterday was pretty rough. Our bodies haven’t recovered from it and there’s a lot of mental anguish as well with the housing market and our job situation. Wednesday will be a great day and we cannot wait to share some pretty big news with you guys.
So here’s to looking on the brightside. Stay tuned! Thanks for reading and have a great day!
Yesterday gave us maybe the most insane week yet. Cincinnati took care of business Thursday. Michigan survived against Nebraska, Georgia cemented they are the new number 1. Oklahoma rallied back to rip Texas’ heart out again. And oh yeah, Alabama lost to an unranked Texas A and M team. Here’s my new top 10.
Georgia- Georgia has been the most impressive and complete team all year. It was just hard to take that spot from Alabama with all they had accomplished this year and last.
Iowa- Full disclosure, in my opinion, Penn State would have won if Clifford had stayed healthy. Still Iowa won an ugly 3 point game that came down to the fact Iowa made the plays when they needed to.
Cincinnati- if you hate Cinderella stories or football outside of the South, this pick has your eyes rolling. However, Cincinnati continues to look the part, and should all year. The question will become will being undefeated keep UC in the top 4 all year. Bama and Oregon losing helps. If the power five schools don’t have undefeated teams at the end, this could be the year a group of five school gets in.
Oklahoma- Oklahoma continues to be underwhelming and must see football. If Rattler continues to start and struggle, the ceiling is low. But if Williams balls out well against ISU, Baylor and Oklahoma State, skies the limit for maybe the most interesting team in the country.
Penn State- Penn State with Clifford for four quarters beats that Iowa team. That would solidify them as a top 2 team. Sadly for them, that’s not how the ball bounced. Penn State without Clifford will continue to lose and fade from the top 25 with how intense that division is. Losing Clifford in a game that felt like a playoff game was a terrible twist of fate.
Alabama- Alabama has been impressive, no doubt. However, they looked beatable against Flordia before smacking Ole Miss. Another trip on the road leads to less than desirable results. Still Alabama had moments in both the Florida game and Texas A and M game where they looked like the clear dominate force. A loss is a loss and this loss stings. Texas A and M was on a two game losing streak with their back up QB in. They blew a 14 point lead but rallied back to win with a walk off field goal, delivering Alabama their first loss. I think Alabama would beat PSU if they played today, but Penn State got the better lose Saturday.
Ohio State- OSU made the jump over Oregon in the rankings when Oregon stumbled at Stanford. With Oregon on bye and OSU cruising to another win today, no reason to change things here.
Oregon- a bye week keeps them from jumping the losing teams in front of them. The Ohio State win is still a quality win to keep them here.
Michigan State- Personally, at this point I think MSU has done enough to jump Michigan for now. Michigan State is roughing up the teams they are suppose to.
Michigan- I said it last week I was a skeptic of UM this high. They keep winning which is more than the likes of BYU can say. I don’t think they could beat Ohio State, MSU or PSU with a healthy Clifford but they have looked more complete than say Oklahoma. Michigan needs that first quality win to really validate this top 10 spot after struggling against Nebraska.
So there’s my list. Thank you guys for reading. Have a great day guys!
All the roster spots are taken, but many were left out. Here’s some characters I wish had made the list.
Protagonist (Shin Megami Tensei V). Admittedly, I do think going 3rd party was the right choice. With Shin Megami Tensei V set to be one of the major holiday releases for the Switch, this felt like a perfect fit. One sign it wasn’t going to be Protagonist was that we already have Joker, a big Atlus character. Secondly, SMTV was already announced. Having Sora as the last character let Nintendo sneak in another major holiday release, Kingdom Hearts to the Switch.
Howard (Astral Chain)– If Nintendo was going to go with a character they published, my vote would have been the Astral Chain characters. Honestly, I have not played Astral Chain. It is on my list but Switch games rarely go on sale and I have so many Zelda games to play through as well. Either way, I would have loved for one of the Astral Chain characters to sneak in that way Nintendo could diversify their Nintendo published line up. A huge percentage of the roster stem from Mario, Zelda and Fire Emblem. The biggest con I think for pulling from Astral Chain is it would have been underwhelming to the gaming landscape.
Master Chief (Halo)– Master Chief isn’t my favorite third party character nor my first choice, however I think he would have broke the internet. Nintendo and Microsoft have a working relationship so I think this was doable. I thought for sure Banjo Kazooie making it in was a hint that Master Chief might be lurking in the future. Master Chief is arguably Microsoft’s greatest character and would have been a heck of an addition to the overall roster. I cannot really think of any cons. He is not just another sword character, he is a major member of the video game community, and Halo has a new game coming out next year. I think Nintendo and Microsoft really missed an opportunity here. Oh well.
Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil)– Leon Kennedy might just be my favorite video game character of all time, he’s definitely top 5. He probably would have played like Master Chief if either made the final roster. They probably would have relied on fire arms with close range melee weapons if needed along with grenades. Recovery would probably be the hardest thing to pull off. Of course the con would be that Leon hasn’t really be involved with the Resident Evil franchise lately as 7 and 8 have gone away from the traditional cast. Most of the Resident Evil games have already been ported over to the Switch. Still he is an awesome character and it is a shame he did not make the list.
Hat Kid (Hat Kid)– Anyone following my Youtube channel knows I love A Hat in Time. Of course this is a bias pick. She is my favorite Indie character and would easily be my choice. Imagine announcing Hat Kid as the final character and then showing off A Hat in Time 2 or a Mario Odyssey kingdom inspired off of A Hat in Time. I think it would have been awesome to have her. Of course she was never going to make the roster if bigger indie characters like Shovel Knight did not even make the official roster.
So, there’s my list. There’s plenty of other great character’s like Crash, Kratos and Rayman that missed the roster as well. So let me know how you rank the final cast. Who would you rather have?
Thank you guys so much for reading. Have a great day!
Earlier this week Sora was revealed to be the final Smash Character. There was a lot riding on this as we have been informed this is the last Super Smash Brothers DLC character. There was great wonder if it would be a Nintendo first party character or if they would go internet breaking third party. I figured it would be either the protagonist from Shin Megami Tensei V or Master Chief. So personally, I was a little disappointed to see it be Sora.
Obviously, Kingdom Hearts and Sora have a beloved, devout and dedicated fan base. I do think Sora was worthy of the final spot even if he wasn’t my first choice.
So that’s it. Are you happy Sora got the spot? Who would you have over Sora? And what do you think of Kingdom Hearts coming to Smash Bros.
As discussed from yesterday, tonight Jessica and I went out with my dad and step-mom to go see the new James Bond 007 movie, No Time To Die. So this was back to back nights going to the movies. It is a nice feeling getting back out in the world and doing stuff again now that movies are returning. This was a small post today because of stuff I’ll be talking about next weekish.
Anyway, No Time to Die and Venom 2 were both great! I highly recommend either one if you’ve seen their previous installments. Anyway, have a great night everybody and thanks for reading!
Jessica and I had the impulse decision to bust out our Venom 1 blu-ray and subscribe to AMC’s 20 dollar a month package. This package let’s you pay 20 dollars and then you get to watch 3 movies every week with no extra charge (on tickets at least haha).
So with our lunch we watched the first one. Now we’re at the Theater getting ready for Venom 2.
So should be a fun night. Tomorrow we’re watching the new James Bond with my dad.